SKYSCRAPER VR EXPERIENCE SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH INSTAGRAM OR TWITTER.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The “Skyscraper VR Experience” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open and offered only to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) continental United States or the District of Columbia (excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, the Virgin Islands and other United States territories), who are 18 years of age and older and the age of a majority in their state of residence at the time of entry. Employees and directors of Universal Pictures Marketing, a division of Universal Film Exchanges LLC (“Sponsor”) and their respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, or production agencies, web masters and web suppliers (and their respective IRS dependents, immediate family members and individuals residing in their same household) are not eligible to participate. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, the Virgin Islands, other United States territories and where prohibited by law. All applicable federal, state and local laws apply. By participating, all entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
2. TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes begins on or about 12:00 A.M. Pacific Time (“PT”) on July 4, 2018 and ends at 11:59 PM PT on July 13, 2018 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer shall be the official timekeeper for all matters related to this Sweepstakes.
There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes: 1) You may enter sharing a photo or video utilizing the Skyscraper VR Experience (“Skyscraper VR Experience”) at one of the locations listed below either on Twitter or Instagram, OR 2) you may enter without using the Skyscraper VR Experience by sharing a photo inspired by the film Skyscraper either on Twitter or Instagram; with both methods of entry as more fully described below.
1). To enter using the Skyscraper VR Experience stations at one of the locations listed below: Share a photo of yourself using the Skyscraper VR Experience on Twitter or Instagram including both the hashtags #SkyscraperVR and #Sweepstakes to be eligible.
2). To enter without using the Skyscraper VR Experience: To enter the Sweepstakes without utilizing the Skyscraper VR Experience, take a photo inspired by the film “Skyscraper” and share your photo on Twitter or Instagram including both the hashtags #SkyscraperVR and #Sweepstakes to be eligible.
Entries must include both the hashtags #SkyscraperVR and #Sweepstakes to be eligible. Upon posting a photo to your account with the applicable hashtags, your submission (“Submission”) will automatically be entered (“Entry”). Each Submission that is entered into the Sweepstakes must meet the following "Submission Requirements" (any Submission that, in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion, violates the following criteria will be disqualified):
IMPORTANT NOTE: Submission must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. If the Submission contains any material or elements that are not owned by the Entrant, and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the Entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Submission by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, name and likeness permissions from any person who is identifiable in the Submission. Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any Entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof may, if requested, render Entry null and void. By submitting an Entry, Entrant warrants and represents that he/she and any persons who are identifiable in the Submission and use of the Entry in the Sweepstakes and to its use as otherwise set forth herein.
By submitting an Entry, Entrant hereby grants permission for the Submission/Entry to be posted/re-posted on the Skyscraper official websites or other Sponsor websites. Entrant agrees that Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries by third parties. Sponsor does not guarantee the posting of any Submission/Entry. Entries submitted via Twitter and Instagram may be referred to individually as an “Entry” and collectively as “Entries”. Entries must be received by the Sweepstakes End Time to be eligible. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter/Instagram account. Any use of micro, automatic, programmed, robotic, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods, and entrants using such methods will be disqualified.
You may enter as many times as you wish, provided that each Submission is unique and satisfies the Submission Requirements.
By connecting to Twitter or Instagram via your wireless mobile device, standard data rates may apply according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Participation in this Sweepstakes by mobile phone means that you understand that you may receive messages from Sponsor and/or its authorized designee(s) relating to this Sweepstakes, including possibly notifying you if you are a potential winner in this Sweepstakes, which will be subject to the charges pursuant to your carrier's rate plan. Internet access may not be available from all mobile phone service carriers and/or handset models. Cell phone service may not be available in all areas. Check your wireless device's capabilities for specific instructions.
The Skyscraper VR Experience can be found at the following locations:
AMC Empire 25 with IMAX, Dolby (New York, NY)
AMC Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX (New York, NY)
AMC Tysons Corner 16 with IMAX, Dolby (McLean, VA)
AMC Boston Common 19 with IMAX (Boston, MA)
AMC Century City 15 with IMAX, Dolby (Century City, CA)
AMC Aventura 24 with IMAX, Dolby (Aventura, FL)
AMC Citywalk Stadium 19 with IMAX (Universal City, CA)
AMC Gulf Pointe 30 with IMAX, Dolby (Houston, TX)
AMC Village Crossing 18 with IMAX, Dolby (Skokie, IL)
AMC Stonebriar 24 with IMAX (Frisco, TX)
4. PRIZE: Ten (10) prizes (“Prize”) will be awarded in this Sweepstakes. Each Prize shall consist of a one-hundred dollar AMC Theatre gift card (ARV of gift card $100) and Premium 3D glasses (ARV of 3D glasses $50). All details determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The total ARV of all Prizes is one-thousand five hundred United States dollars and zero cents (USD $1,500). No cash equivalent or substitution of prizes is offered, except in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes are non-transferrable, non-refundable and have no cash value. The Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. All federal, state and local taxes on the Prize, and other expenses related to accepting and/or using the Prize not listed in these Official Rules are the responsibility of the Prize Winner, who will receive an IRS Form 1099 in his/her name for the fair market value of the Prize he/she has won for the calendar year in which the Prize was won, if applicable. The Prize Winner bears all risk of loss or damage to the Prize after it is placed by Sponsor with a third party common carrier for shipment to Prize Winner. The Prize will be shipped only to an address in the United States. No portion of the Prize will be replaced if lost or stolen.
PRIZE IS AWARDED “AS-IS’’ AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES (INCLUDING EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AFFILIATES) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY ARISING FROM USE OR REDEMPTION OF THE PRIZE, AS FURTHER SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURIES SUSTAINED BY A PRIZE WINNER, PRIZE WINNER’S GUEST, OR OTHER USERS OF THE PRIZE FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING FROM ANY PART OF ANY APPLICABLE TRAVEL AND/OR ANY PART OF THE PRIZE OR ANY OTHER CAUSE(S) BEYOND SPONSOR’S REASONABLE CONTROL.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: The potential Prize Winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries on or around July 16, 2018 (“Drawing Time and Date”). Sponsor will notify the potential winner via Direct Message or email. Entrants are encouraged to regularly check their email during and immediately following the Drawing Time and Date. A potential Prize Winner must respond to the initial notification by contacting Sponsor at the email address provided within the initial notification, and will be sent additional verification paperwork via email, postal mail and/or express mail at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
If a potential Winner does not respond within three (3) business days of the first notification attempt or if a potential Prize Winner is found to be ineligible, does not comply with these Official Rules, if the Prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if a potential Prize Winner does not execute and return the “Prize Claim Documents” within the allotted time as set forth below, or if a potential Prize Winner cannot or does not accept the Prize for any reason, the potential Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential Prize Winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries for the applicable drawing. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to two (2) potential Prize Winners of the Prize in accordance with the above procedure (time permitting), after which the Prize may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed.
6. CONDITIONS: Participants agree that: (a) Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, and owners of the participating web sites, affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives and agents (collectively the "Released Parties") will have no liability whatsoever for and shall be held harmless by participants for any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of or inability to use the Prize or from participation or inability to participate in this Sweepstakes, including any travel or Sweepstakes related activity, (b) Released Parties will have no liability whatsoever for failure to supply the Prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any severe weather, hurricane, flood, fire, war, transportation interruption of any kind, or any other cause beyond their control, (c) except where legally prohibited, Prize Winner grants (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing) permission for the Released Parties and those acting under their authority to use his/her name, photograph, voice, statements and/or likeness, for advertising, trade and/or publicity purposes without additional compensation in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including, without limitation, on the World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval, (d) if any Prize notification or Prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if Prize Winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, such Prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential Prize Winner may be determined at Sponsor’s discretion, (e) noncompliance with any of the foregoing may result in disqualification and awarding of the Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Federal, state and local taxes and all other expenses not specified herein are winner's sole responsibility.
7. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or any website, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified, and Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such entrant's eligibility. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor's sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, and assumes no responsibility for any error, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or transmission, communications line failure, technical failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized use of any technology used in connection with this Sweepstakes. Any use of micro, automatic, programmed, robotic, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods, and entrants using such methods will be disqualified.
8. DISPUTES: The Sweepstakes is governed by, and will be construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of california, and the forum and venue for any dispute shall be in los angeles, california. If THE controversy or claim is not otherwise resolved through direct discussions or mediation, it shall THEN be resolved by FINAL AND binding arbitration administered by JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., in accordance with its Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures or subsequent versions thereof (“JAMS Rules”). The JAMS Rules for selection of an arbitrator shall be followed, except that the arbitrator shall be experienced and licensed to practice law in california. All proceedings brought pursuant to this paragraph will be conducted in the County of los angeles. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
9. OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNER LIST: For an additional copy of these Official Rules or the name of the Prize Winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Universal Pictures Marketing, Attn: “Skyscraper VR Experience” Sweepstakes N Schlegel, Universal Pictures Marketing, a division of Universal Film Exchanges LLC, 100 Universal City Plaza, #8G, Universal City, CA 91608. Vermont residents may omit return postage. Requests received after August 8, 2018 will not be honored. Void where prohibited by law.
10. SPONSOR: Universal Pictures Marketing, a division of Universal Film Exchanges LLC, 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City, CA 91608